The project consisted of a new build two storey Library located in Antrim Town Centre. The new build incorporated the open plan library with various learning areas, offices, toilets and kitchen facilities. The project delivered a new fit for purpose modern library for Antrim with state of the art facilities.
- The library includes an induction loop system for people with hearing difficulties.
- We installed a complete data installation with WIFI access.
- Heating is provided by decorative column radiators and designer trench heating.
- The project included a number of sustainable features such as the installation of a rain harvesting tank with a capacity of 30,000 litres.
- This project was shortlisted as a finalist in the Education Infrastructure Category in the annual Construction Employers Federation awards 2010.
Client: Libraries Northern Ireland
Main Contractor: T&A Kernoghan
Architect: JNP Architects
Consultant: Mott Macdonald
Services: Mechanical & Electrical
Duration: 65 weeks
Location: Antrim, Northern Ireland