The Opus Suite is The Berkeley Hotels largest and most spectacular suite offering 270 degree views of Hyde Park and Knightsbridge. The Opus Suite is the first hotel room in Europe designed by world renowned interiors architect André Fu. The suite comprises a series of carefully balanced, expansive spaces that share a flowing layout, including spacious living salon, fully fitted kitchen and dining room, two bedrooms and solid marble bathrooms.
- The lighting installation is a mixture of high level reflected ceiling lighting and low level lighting controlled via a Lutron Scene Set Control System to provide the required dimming and switching capabilities.
- The AV system for this suite is controlled via iPad or wall mounted Creaston systems.
- The installation has a concealed aspiration fire alarm system to meet the clients design requirements.
- The existing M&E services risers needed to be relocated to facilitate this project that required planning and programming with the Hotel.
- The works took place within the live hotel with dedicated access from the delivery area and use of the services lift.
Client: Maybourne Hotel Group
Main Contractor: McCue Crafted Fit
Architect: André Fu
Consultant: Ernest Griffiths Consulting Engineers
Services: Mechanical & Electrical
Duration: 3 months
Location: Knightsbridge, London