This project was for the construction of the new west wing extension consisting three basement floors and seven above ground storeys to the existing 5 star hotel and grade II listed building located in Mayfair, central London The areas consisted of five floors of hotel bedroom totalling 33 new suites, a spa and swimming pool, function/conference rooms, gym and basement/roof plant and storage areas.
- Throughout the course of the works the existing hotel remained fully operational.
- Access to the site was strictly controlled with dedicated site access routes being agreed with the hotel and the works areas being secured from the general public, hotel staff and guests.
- Due to the everyday running of the hotel there were restrictions on noise throughout the site, this meant that noisy activates were restricted to between 10.00am and 4.00pm.
- Throughout the hotel LED lighting was installed in bedroom corridors and spa/pool area.
- We installed a lighting management system which was networked throughout the main hotel and the extension. The hotel benefited from power efficiency and maintenance reductions coupled with the central management of switching and dimming which reduced labour for staff managing the lighting.
Client: Maybourne Hotel Group
Main Contractor: Ellmer Construction
Architect: Blair Associates Ltd
Consultant: Lehding Service Design Ltd
Services: Mechanical and Electrical
Duration: 20 weeks
Location: Mayfair, London