Kirklands Learning Disabilities Unit is a mental care facility located in Bothwell, Glasgow on an existing NHS Lanarkshire site. It is a new single storey facility designed to house and treat people with mental disabilities. It is made up of 3 secure bedroom wings, 1 high secure bedroom wing, 1 day treatment wing, interview & meeting rooms, kitchen, dining facilities and care co-ordinators hub.
The mechanical and electrical services have been designed and installed to facilitate the different specific patient groups such as Mental Health, Challenging Behaviour and Physical Complex Needs within a building of 1,500 m².
- We carried out alterations to the sites high voltage electrical installation and the connection of the new fire alarm to the site wide system.
- Anti-ligature radiant panels, sanitary ware, ventilation grilles and electrical fittings were installed to comply with the Trusts specifications.
- The Building Management System includes remote access allowing NHS Lanarkshire to control the services installation without visiting the site.
- The project services were developed in accordance with NHS Lanarkshire’s policy for the redesign of services for those with Learning Disabilities and the decommissioning of existing long stay facilities.
- Design and Build project.
- The project received NEAT Excellent.
Client: NHS Lanarkshire
Main Contractor: Graham Construction Ltd
Architect: Archial NORR
Consultant: Hawthorne Boyle Partnership
Services: Mechanical & Electrical
Duration: 52 weeks
Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland