The project comprised the refurbishment of a 200 year old five storey townhouse in Soho Square in Westminster. The building had been used as offices and was converted back to residential accommodation, with a duplex apartment in the basement/ground floor, a commercial unit on the ground floor an apartment on each of the upper four floors. All of the existing services were replaced. The new apartments were finished to a very high aesthetic standard with services being concealed were possible.
- Certain elements of the building are of Grade II* Listed Status, this includes the external envelope on Soho Square and Carlisle Street and also various internal elements including dados, skirtings, architraves, cornicing, wall panelling and ceilings.
- Each apartment has its own standalone VRF Air Conditioning installation to provide heating & cooling to the apartments.
- A Sprinkler system was installed throughout with the exception of the first floor living room due to its listed interior.
- Each apartment has its own packaged mains water break tank and Booster set all located with the basement plant area.
- The lighting installation included a complete lighting control system with Lutron, Crestron Dimming racks, PIRs and Scene setting.
- We carried out a number of elements of the project as a design and build element, this included the Fire Alarm, CCT and Access control systems.
Client: Moneypenny Limited
Main Contractor: Ellmer Construction
Architect: Falconer Chester Hall
Consultant: Ramboll UK
Services: Mechanical & Electrical
Duration: 12 months
Location: London, W1