The student accommodation project at the University of Ulster, Jordanstown comprised of the design and build of the 620 unit. Including accommodation blocks with an administration building which offers dual usage; as quality student facilities during term time and holiday apartments through the summer break.
- The location of the site is within the grounds of the existing live University which required strict control of site access, parking and deliveries in order to minimise any disruption to the rest of the campus throughout the works.
- The accommodation is mostly five bedroom apartments with communal kitchen and living areas arranged in blocks.
- Each bedroom is complete with an en-suite WC and shower.
- The accommodation included a number of enhanced and special needs bedrooms.
- The apartments have their own independent gas heating system and hot water cylinders with communal water storage located in the roof area of each block.
- The project included the extension of the existing site wide mains water network to connect to feed the new administration and accommodation blocks.
Client: University of Ulster at Jordanstown
Main Contractor: Turkington Construction
Architect: McAdam Design
Consultant: White Young & Green
Duration: 52 weeks
Location: Jordanstown, Northern Ireland