The project consisted of the Mechanical and Electrical building services Installation for a new 360 cell accommodation block at HMP Maghaberry. The accommodation block is a three-storey construction consisting of 360 cells made up of standard cells, disabled cells, listener cells and safer cells all with individual sanitary facilities. The facility also has communal areas, Showers, Laundries, Serveries, Control Room, Command Desk, Interview rooms, Offices, meeting rooms and external services including training areas and a sports pitch.
- The form of contract was NEC3 Option C with a mechanical and electrical services value of £19,000,000, completed over a 24-month contract duration and a further 6 years maintenance.
- We worked in close co-ordination with the project designers and consultants to provide the prison with a robust mechanical and electrical services installation taking into consideration the secure nature of the site and the unique challenges that this entailed such as anti-ligature equipment and fittings
- The BREEAM rating was excellent and renewable systems included rainwater harvesting, multiple CHP’s and roof mounted PV’s.
- The project was completed to BIM level 2 with associated COBie files. We gained specific project experience utilizing the common data environment (CDE) to deliver the construction project as part of the project delivery team. We assisted with the development and delivery of the BIM Execution Plan.
- The project consisted of a high concentration of complex mechanical and electrical services including BMS, sprinkler system, grille gate locking, staff attack system, cell call, CCTV, photovoltaics, air conditioning, rainwater harvesting, Logstor MTHW district heating systems and underfloor heating system.
- M&E service risers were prefabricated along with mechanical plant and containment modules.
- We are currently engaged in a 6-year maintenance contract which covers the following:
- Maintenance management
- Maintenance plans and programmes
- Maintenance standards
- Health & Safety
- Maintenance requirements for Mechanical & Electrical systems
- Call-out procedures
- Maintenance records and logs
Client: Northern Ireland Prison Service
Main Contractor: Henry Brothers
Architect: JNP Architects
Services: Mechanical & Electrical
Duration: 24 Months
Location: Maghaberry, County Antrim