The project consisted of a multi-storey student accommodation spread over 13 floors with 320no beds in a mix of studio and cluster bedrooms. The glass box structure on the upper floors is a feature point in the heart of Glasgow City Centre. Large amenity spaces were provided with unique features in each. A gym, rooftop bar, gaming rooms and cinema were also provided.
- We provided a highly specialist, complex M&E package to the project.
- Many social spaces had exposed services which meant the M&E installation had to be carefully planned and coordinated.
- The building has a central atrium which had to be carefully serviced with fire alarm aspiration and sampling points and accessible services for maintenance.
- We provided feature lighting in the social spaces and central atrium along with air conditioning and audio-visual systems.
- The mechanical services included ventilation, plumbing & heating, air conditioning, soils & wastes, BMS and sprinkler system.
- The electrical services included mains & sub mains distribution, life safety generator, general & emergency lighting, small power, fire alarm, intruder alarm, access control & intercom, CCTV, TV, induction loop and lightning protection system.
- We introduced an element of pre-fabrication into the project with supports & bracketry, mechanical plant and containment.
Client: Greystar Europe Holdings Ltd
Main Contractor: Graham Construction
Architect: Church Lukas
Duration: 12 Month
Location: Glasgow, Scotland