The project consisted of the construction of a new 430no. bed 12-storey student accommodation building located in Belfast City Centre.
The ground floor consists of cluster flats with adjoining living, dining and kitchen spaces as well as three self-contained studios, a plant room, bin store, admin space and social area.
Levels one to 11 take on the same format. Each floor consists of six-bedroom clusters, each with its own living, kitchen and dining spaces as well as seven studios.
Multiple facilities have been provided with social and study rooms and mindfulness spaces including two paved courtyards and bike shelters with raised planters and seating areas.
- One of the complexities was site logistics. With the building being constructed in Belfast City Centre we had to be aware of our surroundings and deliveries had to be carefully scheduled.
- We introduced an element of pre-fabrication into the project with supports & bracketry, mechanical plant and containment.
- We provided a highly specialist, complex M&E package to the project.
- The mechanical services included ventilation, plumbing & heating, air conditioning, soils & wastes, BMS and sprinkler system.
- The electrical services included mains & sub mains distribution, life safety generator, general & emergency lighting, small power, fire alarm, intruder alarm, access control & intercom, CCTV, TV, induction loop and lightning protection system.
Client: Student Roost
Main Contractor: Graham Construction
Architect: Fletcher Joseph Associates
Consultant: North West Design
Duration: 12 Months