Maison Francois is a new French brasserie and wine bar in Duke St, London. The restaurant is in one of the smartest streets in St James, Duke Street and is the latest to open from Francois O’Neill. The eatery has a classical French menu, art deco décor and excellent service. We completed the M&E services to the restaurant, private dining and wine bar as detailed below.
- This was a complex project as it involved working in an existing live building that had many constraints. Our services had to integrate with existing drainage pop-ups as no new openings could be formed in the slab!
- Logistics including deliveries had to carefully planned and organised due to the location of the site in central London.
- We worked closely with the project team and interior designers to ensure we fulfilled our client’s requirements
- A lighting installation was provided including bespoke light fittings and a fully automated control system.
- M&E services were installed to a new functional kitchen to suit the chef’s requirements
- All plant was located on the roof of the multi-story building and had to be installed via one of our approved ‘Lift & Shift specialists’ due to time constraints. Careful consideration for co-ordination of the services due to the restricted space available for the M&E plant.
- As it was not possible to use conventional boilers as a heat source for the hot-water due to, not having a route for the flue we utilised heat recovery technology from the Mitsubishi Electric VRF system via their ‘Hex Box’ which can achieve a flow temperature of up to 70˚C to the Domestic Hot Water Cylinder.
- Mechanical services included VRF comfort cooling throughout the basement, DX cooling to Comms room & Drinks store, ventilation throughout, gas to Kitchen appliances, gas Interlock panel and valves, BMS / Automatic Controls and testing and commissioning.
- Electrical services included a bespoke lighting and controls solution, general power, fire alarm, disabled refuge, structured cabling, mains and sub mains distribution, security systems and testing and commissioning.
Client: Francois O’Neill
Main Contractor: Konstruct Interiors
Architect: Offset Interiors
Services: Mechanical & Electrical
Duration: 4 Months