We completed the M&E services on the 435no. bed student accommodation project in Glasgow. Scotway House is located on the historic site of the former Meadowside Shipyard Office – which recorded the build of more than 30 anchor line ships in its day
The project consisted of a 14-storey tower with an additional 6-storey student residential unit with ancillary and communal areas including retail units and external areas. It also includes a 3-storey building used for studying and socialising. Other features include a roof terrace, outdoor spaces, cinema room, gym, study booths and social spaces.
- One of the complexities was controlling material deliveries to the 14-storey building due to the height and working on multiple floors.
- Management of quality assurance was key to ensure individual rooms and spaces were checked and signed off during the build stages including ceiling sign offs and 1st, 2nd and final fix of the M&E installations.
- We introduced prefabricated containment modules, riser frames and mechanical plant which were able to be constructed off site in a controlled environment and delivered to site.
- The 3-storey Scotway House building had to be carefully coordinated regarding M&E services including the feature lighting and specialist MEP systems.
- Renewables were also provided to the building including a CHP
- We are also carrying out the maintenance in the building.
Client: Structured House Group
Main Contractor: Graham Construction
Architect: ADF Architects
Consultant: Henderson Warnock
Duration: 12 Month